Thursday 26 April 2012

My film magzine front cover

Here is a first draft of my film magazine, i have used other film magazines such as Total Film and Empire to use as guide lines on producing my magazine so it would follow the conventions.


  • For my poster i have used a close up image of the protagonist making eye contact with the audience to make there attention draw to the magazine. I have used iconography of the reference to the water to relate back to the film and the character rising from the water to also relate back to my film poster 'Karma lies in the depths beneath' which emphasises the fact that the protagonist wants to get revenge on her 'friends' and names
  • To make my front cover look conventional i have used subsidiary images  that relate to the genre of the film magazine and also eye catching titles such as 'full access to' 'the uk's top selling magazine'. I have also used the masthead of my title to relate to film 'Caption' so the audience can relate the meaning of getting images and looking at the footage
  • I have used red, white and grey as a colour scheme as i believe it works well together and is appealing





  • For my front cover i have used the same conventions as 'total film' by a close up of the main characters focusing on the eye contact to attract the readers. I have also used banners, titles and a bold masthead.
  • from the total film magazine and my front cover it is evidental that the film the magazine is focusing on is in bold white writing that can stand out the most so the reader can relate to the film the most

No comments:

Post a Comment